Saturday, August 30, 2008

2 Year Anniversary

The 25th of August was our 2 year anniversary so Tad and I planned a whole day to go and just be with each other. The best cousin's ever, Joe and Leah, babysat Afton for us the whole day and stayed at our place to sleep. First, Tad and I woke up, got ready and went to the temple. It's been so great to have a temple just 5 minutes away. It is so beautiful. After, we ran to Quizno's for some yummy sandwiches which we ate at the park. We sat and talked about how our lives were different than what we had expected, but how we had been led and guided to be where we are now. Then we headed out to Idaho Falls where we had a hotel room at the Holiday Inn and Suites Express. We checked in and went swimming for a little while. That was fun, just to kind of play around in the pool for a while. Then we took showers and got all ready to go eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse. While we were waiting we went across the street to a little game/arcade place. We played that basketball game where the goal just moves back and forth while you're shooting. I won the first time and Tad won the second. It was enough for me to just beat him! (once) Then we headed back to eat. It was delicious. Although, I got a sirloin steak and told the server I wanted it medium-well and I think she thought I said medium-rare. If I didn't look at it too much before I took a bite, it wasn't too bad. We left very full, but very satisfied. We took it easy after that. We had Dove chocolates, a nice hot tub and watched a movie. The next morning was Stake Conference, so we had to kind of book it because we were in the choir and had to be there at 9. Of course we were late, but the choir sounded beautiful and we got a new married stake up here, which we are now a part of. President Call is the stake president and he's actually a religion teacher here on campus, so we are excited.

No comments: