Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Great Day to Live


Tad, Afton and I woke up to a great breakfast being cooked for us by our ward. It was delicious and great to be able to hang out with friends. We then all headed over to the town parade which is great, like every year. This is our third year as a family and fourth year for me. I was able to be in the parade the first time. It was awesome. We for some reason, I can't remember why now, got a bunch of people together who wanted to sing patriotic songs and were pulled by a couple of horses in a wagon. It doesn't sound so great when I write it out like that but what I remember most were the older people around town would stand, put their hands to their hearts or just tear up when we were singing. It started to make me think how lucky we are to be in this country; to have people who will give all they have, even their lives so I can live with freedom. This year they had some military men hold the flag at the beginning of the parade and everyone stood and saluted. I'm not sure who those men were, but I'm glad to be in a country that is protected by men and women willing to serve. I grateful to have a symbol to look to so that I can salute those who have given all, those who still give and those that will give all they have to us. We are truly blessed. I thank my Father in Heaven for my life, my family, my freedoms and the love of strangers who serve.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!!

No comments: