Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh Man I LOVE Christmas!

 Can I just say how much I love Christmas time?! Isn't it the most wonderful time of the year? No, really, I'm not just quoting the song. If that wasn't a song already, I might have written it myself.
 We went this past weekend to get a tree. After looking into a few different places we decided to go check out this small little place first. We got there and it was a small lot, but there were so many people there ready to help us the moment we stepped out of the car. We caved in and bought a shortish, chubby tree. After we settled on one, we found out the lot was run by a guy who was over all the priests in his ward. So all these 16-17 year old boys were there pulling out tree after tree for us to look at and hefting the tree on our van when we picked ours out. They were all so nice. All the proceeds were going to their quorum too. How fun for them! So we got it home after we stopped by the store for some hot cocoa and pizza and couldn't believe what had just bought. It is soooo fat! We've trimmed it up a LOT, but it's still pretty hefty. I love it! It's been hard to try and find a place for it, but we finally did and Afton and I have loved decorating it. She hung up half of the ornaments herself. What a good little helper.
 Also, this year will be our first year at home with our little family. We used to switch off between families, but this year due to expenses and time we will be having it here. I'm actually really excited because we get to be completely in charge of everything. We get to start our own traditions. We get to be super tired Christmas Eve night and get woken up at the crack of dawn to see some beaming eyes and smiles from ear to ear. Love it!
 I have felt very blessed these past few months and I can't contain myself. It's come out in Christmas cheer and of course I love giving presents. I have been able to come up with presents for the girls and my family that are not expensive, but still express how much I love them by the work I put into their gifts. I'm excited. I love giving gifts and I love being prepared and not having to procrastinate. It helps me to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. This year we have an advent calendar that shares a little message, song, and activity to do each day. It's been wonderful to read about Christ everyday to help remind us of Him during this busy season. We also have a little felt nativity advent calendar. Afton has loved putting up a felt character everyday and finding a little treat waiting for her.
 My goal is to be like this 365 days of the year. How awesome would a year be if this is what I thought about and experienced everyday?
 I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and don't get too swept away with shopping and stress, but that you are able to remember our sweet Savior who was born into this world to save us all!

No comments: