Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Marathon and other things

Well, I did it! I ran my half marathon and feel super proud of myself. It is so motivating. Just to say to myself, I ran a half marathon, is exciting. It was fun and pretty cold. Running in the cold isn't bad and I really was wanting to wear my running jacket! Is that a bit vain? Not because I thought I looked great in it or anything, but just cuz it's a cute jacket. I got there late so I was booking it to try to keep up with, well whoever happened to be in front. I just kept pushing myself and the competitive side definitely came out. It actually pushed me to my best time so I'm happy with how it went. Since I started late, the start clock says I finished in 2 hours and 26 minutes, however the running chip (they have you wear these on your shoes) says I finished in 2 hours and 19 minutes. The last couple miles were a bit rough. I started to get pretty bad side cramps, but I had a friend running with me those last couple miles, so I just kept telling myself, I have to keep up with her, NO WALKING!...and I did it. I can't wait for the next one and I think this motivated Tad to start up running again. Here's a few pix from the race and stuff. I know I look a bit weird when I run, but it works for me! :) For my fam, if you want to look at other pix just click on this link: http://www.racephotonetwork.com/QPPlus/Proofs.aspx.

It was pretty cold so the girls got to chill with daddy, making signs in the back of the van



Of course Afton found some earthy things to play with


My two sweetie-pies cheering for me!!



After the race with Reesa, Afton was having too much fun with the bouncing things


 This is a friend of ours who got first place for guys in the full marathon...pretty awesome, 3 hours!

Getting ready to leave, and sit in the car!!


This one goes out to Meagers, couldn't believe my eyes!

The girls and I have been going, going, going this week. It's spring break around here so there's lots of things going on. Monday we babysat and then headed to this new park in Round Rock that is Aaamazing! It is all enclosed and huge! We loved it. Then we went to an indoor play place on Tuesday morning. The girls loved it. Today we went to IKEA, cuz kids eat free all week and they had face painting and balloons for the kids. Fun, crazy, but fun. Tomorrow will be a chill day and then Friday, I'm hoping for nice weather so we can go to the park and fly kites!





Love, love, love my goober girls!!

No comments: