Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday Poppy Dear

Happy Birthday Daddio!



What a guy, huh?! This is my dad...he doesn't normally look like this, in case you were wondering! Yesterday was his 48th birthday. I wish we could have been there for his birthday, but there's only so much that can go on so his 48-year-old heart doesn't get over-excited! (Hehehe) No really, I wish we could have been there, but a blog post will have to do.
My dad is an amazing person. I am so grateful to have had him as my dad. I'm not sure he'd say the same about me in my teenage years, but so it goes. I thought my dad was too tough and mean, of course, but hindsight is 20/20. I would not be the person I am today without my dad pushing me to try and be the best I could be. He set a high standard because he believed we (the kids) could meet that standard. I am grateful that he did because I learned to push myself. I've learned to never settle because there is always work to be done. Through your continual efforts and a Savior who was willing to sacrifice for each of us, being perfect becomes achievable. My dad not only asked that of us, but he was and still is a great example. One of the things that I've always admired in my dad is his integrity. I've never known anyone who was so true to their real self and I hope that that will be said of me. If it is, I know that it will be because of the great example my dad set. He is hard-working, loving, honest, funny, and determined. He is talented and smart, pretty much has it all! Apparently those gifts (plus an amazing mothers' talents) don't all come together in one child, but I sure wish they did. I guess they are something that we can strive for and hope to gain over time! Well, that's a little blurb about one of the most important men in my life. Love you Poppy! We can't wait to see you soon!


The tell-tale Dad eye-lid flip...still gross!













Not sure what to call this one? :)













Afton sure does love Poppy!













What a good Poppy! (My red-eye remover made their eyes look creepy.)

1 comment:

Melody said...

Wow, your dad is a youngin'! My dad turns 62 this year! But then, my parents were a little older when they got married, and it took them a few years to have my sisters and me, so I guess that makes sense...