Sunday, June 17, 2012

Trip, haircut, and withdrawals!

I am such a dingle sometimes. Like I said, I forgot to get my camera out for most of the time we were in Georgia. It was a crazy trip at first, and then it evened out towards the end. So I got there thinking, maybe I should not have come now and then by the end I was almost in tears because I just didn't want to leave! My sister and her husband and baby had been living at my parents house for a while, since he was in school. Then my older brother had moved in with them, because of apartment/finance issues. My little brother is still at home, too. So we came to visit and he got booted out of his room. The next day, my other older brother came into town. His girlfriend he had been living with passed away, so he came to stay at my parent's while he gets back on his feet. Needless to say it was packed. Then about a week in my sister and her family got an apartment and one of my brothers moved in with them. That when Tad came to visit! It was a little less packed but still busy. We played a lot of ping-pong, went to a few places to eat, celebrated birthdays, saw a movie, played at the park, family games of kick-ball and baseball, pretty much awesomeness. And then of course my sister had her baby. It was quite a roller coaster ride for her, but that little Addy is sooooo adorable. She was a chunk! You need to understand that my sister was like 100 lbs before the baby. They waited so long to get that baby out that she had a 8 lbs 2 oz and 19 inches long. What?! Poor Beth! And then they had sooo many issues with the epidural and other meds that she pretty much had a natural birth. It amazes me what women can do, and especially my sister! She is a trooper! I love that little Addy, but I definitely did not get to hold her enough. Mike's parents really loved her and since that's where Beth and Mike are I didn't want to hog her too much. She is very loved and such a sweet little baby with the fullest head of hair I have ever seen! Even Afton has nothing on Addy and that's saying something! Anyway, we can't wait to see them all again, who knows when, but hopefully soon!
These are the only two pix I got there...Reesa getting her groove on one morning.



Whenever we get back from a trip out there, I am in withdrawals so I need lots of family time! That usually means we are making breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert together as a family. Love that!




The girls love dress-up! Reesa is being a pirate princess and Afton is a fairy princess godmother. (They made those up!) They are goobers!




A couple weeks ago, Afton said, "Mom, I want a haircut." I was a bit surprised, but we looked up some haircuts online. She picked a few out and I started to notice a trend. They all look pretty much the same. I had no idea that my four year old girl had a hairstyle that she liked. She's so grown up. I stuck a movie on the laptop for her and started chopping off her long locks! It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! I put a few more layers in it the next day and regretted it the moment I finished. She looks way too grown up! The pictures below are before the layers. I think this is a cuter cut on her than the one she has now, but I've learned my lesson! No more making my four year old look 13!




No comments: