Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Sweet Halloween

Halloween was soooo much fun. I thought it was just going to be crazy, but we had a good time. First, we picked out some pumpkins a week before Halloween and carved them up for our FHE activity. Afton loved it. She drew a picture and I carved it on her pumpkin. She did NOT want to touch the insides of the pumpkin. It was pretty funny. Then after working like a whole week and rushing on Saturday to try to get our matching shirts (for all the girls) done, I decided it just wasn't going to happen. Reesa is a little chubbier than I thought, so her shirt didn't fit. (This was after I had already made it bigger.) My shirt was coming along okay, but I just didn't have time to finish it so....backup plan. We all wore stripes. I did Afton's hair and make-up, then mine, helped Tad a little with his Horton outfit and he got Reesa ready. (By the way, the pictures may look like Tad has gained a few pounds around the mid-section...but no worries. It's just a pillow!) Finally, we got done, went to grab a bite to eat and headed over to the town trunk-or-treat hosted by the movie theater.
It was pretty awesome. Afton just got sooo excited once she saw the neon fireworks and a fire truck ladder extended out that she couldn't contain herself. There were a bunch of businesses there with booths set up for all the trick-or-treaters, so we went around to each one and Afton never said, "trick or treat," no matter how hard I tried to get her to say it. We played a few games in the kiddie arcade and got a few prizes. We also had our picture taken by the photography business there. It turned out pretty good, even though both girls weren't smiling. Afton had so much fun "dancing" on the DDR game that she didn't want to leave it. She kept making up her own moves and everything. It was too cute, I wish I had gotten some pictures but it was pretty dark and crazy inside. After that we took the girls to a few family members. Then we got home, checked out the stash and got the girls in bed.
 Tad and I decided to watch a scary movie so we borrowed The Grudge from my sister. Unfortunately, poor Tad who's never seen it before, was disappointed to find me sleeping about halfway through the movie. I was so exhausted, I couldn't keep my eyes open. He told me he didn't want to watch it by himself so he ended up watching some tv show. Oh well, maybe next Halloween! Oh the sweet life of parenthood!

 Don't you just love little chubby baby hands?




 Aren't these AWESOME?!

 Afton was a little afraid of the candles in the pumpkins



 My little Cindy Loo Who!

Us outside the Trunk or Treat

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

oh my goodness your girls are getting SO big!!

Sounds like you guys had a fun halloween! We miss you guys.