Saturday, July 5, 2008

Long time comin'!

Okay, it's been forever since I was bloggin' because we moved and now we are in a new place that doesn't have internet. We just talked to some neighbors and pay them $12 a month to get internet through their modem. (I don't really understand the whole process, so if that sentence doesn't make sense don't hold it against me.)

So here's the update. We moved to a subsidized apartment and also just found out that our rent went down $13! That was great news. Tad has 2 more weeks until school is over and is very excited. He's been working very hard, but is really enjoying this semester. His company for the IBC (Integrated Business Core) sells burgers, hot dogs, fries and homemade root beer. They are doing pretty good right now. He already got an internship approved and will be making a website for some local people who own young men's housing here in town. He is also going to be doing some accounting things for this tile business that he and his cousin, Joe, have been working for. We're not sure what we are going to be doing over the 7 week break here, but we're just excited to have time to be together. We are both still set to graduate in December and may stay here or move who knows where, yet.

Afton is as cute as ever and we love being watching her grow. She is always rolling over now, from stomach to back and back to stomach. I can't ever keep her in one place. I tried doing a little photo shoot with her the other day because I got some new summer dresses. She's finally into the 3-6 month clothes, now that she's almost 5 months old. She's really long but not very heavy. We took her to the doctor for her 4 month check up and found out she is in the 90th percentile for her height but only the 40th for her weight. I've been taking tons of pictures of course, and have a lot to share with you all.

Oh and the story with this picture is: I was giving her her medicine one day and she grabbed onto her little syringe. I thought it would be a cute picture so I grad the camera and right as I'm taking the picture she shoves the syringe a little too far down the throat! It was amazing how the timing worked out for that!

1 comment:

Alesha said...

For cuteness! Afton is beautiful! And I'm glad you are keeping Tad humble with your amazing drinking skills, Cara. So, where are you student teaching this fall? With whom? I am student teaching at Highland High School--11th and 12th grade English. Have great adventures, and keep smiling