Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mouse in the house!

We had a mouse in our house! A few nights ago, Tad and I were sitting out on the couch, chatting about this and that, when out of the corner of my eye, I see a dark spot run across the corner of the room to our little stand with pictures. I thought maybe it was just me....until it ran from the stand to the the t.v. I'm sure my eyes were bugging out of my head, because Tad stopped mid-sentence and said, "What?! What is it?" I told him I thought I saw a mouse and then it darted again. We proceeded to find it and I was convinced it was living in our couch. I'm standing on the computer chair in the middle of the living room with a pillow over my mouth so I don't wake up Afton. We didn't catch it, so the whole next day I didn't go anywhere but the middle of the floors in each room. We took a trip to the store for some mouse traps and set them up. We discovered it was living under the sink. (Evident by the little droppings everywhere.) The next night Tad and I thought we heard the mouse trap, but as we looked we found the little guy sneaking around the middle and nabbing the peanut butter off the edges. But the next night, as we were watching Ratatouille, we heard the convincing snap of the trap. It was true. We felt a little saddened that it had to go down like that for the little guy, because he was pretty cute. As they say on Pirates of the Carribean, "That what you call ironic."

No comments: